Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mix Recipe #6 - Molasses Cookies!

Mix Recipe #6
Molasses Cookie Mix!
Here's the Recipe:
1 1/3 cups Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Cloves
1/8 tsp. Allspice
1 tsp. Ginger
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
Layer the ingredients in the order given into a
wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar.
Pack each layer in before addiing the next ingredient.
Here's How You Make the Cookies:
1 Jar Molasses Cookie Mix
1 cup Butter or Margarine, Softened
2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
1/4 cup Sweet Molasses
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs and molasses.
Add the Molasses Cookie Mix and
 Stir until the mixture is well blended.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Transfer to wire racks to cool.
I'm a serious fan of Molasses Cookies, and this
recipe is really good.
Recipe:
Instructions:
Jar Label:
Here's the PDF:
I included regular size jar toppers in the PDF.
The wide-mouth jar toppers are in the PDF below.
Jar Toppers PDF:
This would be FUN to use for Christmas Presents
for friends and neighbors.
(Which by the way . . . I will be doing Christmas Ideas in JULY,
as well as in December.  I can't wait!!!)
Here's a copy of the Labels:
(I used 1" x 2 5/8" Address Labels - 30 labels per sheet.)
 
Labels PDF:
I'll add the PDF Files as soon as I get back!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love your blog! Seriously, thanks for all of your work! This is the best blog EVER!

Unknown said...

O MY!!! Those look sooo yummy! :)

Grannie K said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us even when you're on vacation. I love your blog and look forward to you showing us how to put together our planners. I love the journal pages. You're the greatest!!!

irbuanosraL said...

I love these kind of cookies. Where did you get that cute cookie box???

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Xpedex has the funnest boxes and containers. I love that store. It's in Salt Lake.
Trish

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Oops! I forgot to tell you, that's where I get the cookie boxes.
Trish